We are committed to offering you personalised services while respecting your privacy and choices.
· Who we are
· What data may we collect about you
· How we collect or receive your data
· For what purposes we may use it
· For how long we may keep it
· Who we may share it with
· How we protect it and keep it confidential
· What are your rights under the European Regulation
· How to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data
· Information about cookie management
WHO are we?
When we say “Dior”, “us”, “our” or “we”, we refer to:Christian Dior UK Limited
, an English company with offices located at 49a Pavilion Road, SW1X OHO London – England, represented by Vincenzo Equestre, acting as Managing Director (Christian Dior Couture)
WHAT data may we collect about you?
“Personal data” means any information that could identify you either directly
(e.g. your name) or indirectly
(e.g. through a unique client ID number).Depending on the data you provide or share with us
, personal data may include information related to:
· your identity and status
· your contact details
· your family status and relatives
· your personal preferences
· your size and style
· your purchases (in store or online)
· your online journeys (dior.com, social media pages, partners websites)
· your repairs
· your requests through our customer department
· your participation to our events
In the context of a job application with Christian Dior Couture, we may collect the following information:
• Your identity
• your contact details
• Your Curriculum Vitae
• Your cover letter
We invite you to keep us informed in writing of any changes to your contact details.
HOW we collect or receive your data?
As part of our relationship, we might collect or receive data from youIn the following context(s):
o Account Creation and management
o Newsletter and commercial communications subscription
o Online browsing
o Marketing surveys
o User Generated Content
o Use of Digital Apps
o Participation to an event we organize
o Application for a job
Via the following touchpoints(s):
o Dior.com journey
o In store relationship with our salesperson
o Relationship with us during an event we organize
o Customer Department relationship
o Collection forms you complete in store or online
o Digital apps you use
o Dior social media pages you visit or comment / like
o Digital Media Advertising you click on
o Search Engines Paid Advertising you click on
FOR WHAT PURPOSES Christian Dior Couture may use it?
for the processing of your data is the MANAGEMENT OFOUR CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
It includes, depending in which context your data is collected:
· The management of your orders
· The management of our digital communications and offers to you
· The management of your profile*
· The management of your enquiries
· The management of events you register and/or participate
· The management of your job application
· The management of our website and digital apps
· The improvement of our products and services
The LEGAL BASIS
for the processing of your data can be, depending in which context your data is collected:
· Your consent
· The performance of a contract
· Legal grounds where a processing is required by law
· Our legitimate interest,
which can be (i) To tailor our marketing communications; Improvement of our products and services; Fraud prevention; Securing our tools;
* Please note that when we send or display personalised communications or content, we may use some techniques qualified as “profiling
” to evaluate and predict your personal preferences and/or interests. Based on our analysis, we send or display communications and/or content tailored to your interests/needs.
FOR HOW LONG we may keep it?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we hold your personal data, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal obligations.
As a general principle, your personal data will be retained in our client database for a period not exceeding:
· if you are “prospect
” (i.e. you have never purchased a Dior product but you are interested in Dior brand), we keep your data for 3 years
· if you are “client
” (i.e. you have already purchased a Dior product), we keep your data for the duration of our commercial relationship + 10 years
· If you are a “job candidate
” (i.e. you apply for a job offered by Christian Dior Couture), we keep your data for 2 years
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months.
We may retain some personal data to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, as well as to allow us to manage our rights (for example to assert our claims in Courts) or for statistical or historical purposes.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
WHO we may share it with
WE ONLY SHARE INFORMATION:
ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS;
WHERE POSSIBLE IN A PSEUDONIMIZED WAY ((not allowing direct identification);
FOR LEGITIMATE PURPOSES (to provide you with requested services, to comply with our legal obligations, to prevent fraud and/or to secure our tools, to improve our products and services, or after having obtained your consent to do so);
· Other affiliate of Dior House
to provide you with the same personalised service worldwide
· Other entities of LVMH Group,
some acting as data processors
We may share some of your personal data including those collected through Cookies with Parfums Christian Dior to harmonize and update the information you share with us, to perform statistics based on your characteristics and to tailor our communications.
We only share your personal data with Parfums Christian Dior for direct marketing purposes
· Our trusted third-party suppliers
For instance, we may entrust services to:
Third parties providing digital and e-commerce services
Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies
Third parties delivering a product to you
Third parties providing IT services
Payment service providers and credit reference agencies
Third parties assisting us for customer care;
Third parties assisting us in the organisation of our events
Third parties securing transactions placed through dior.com against fraud and misappropriation
for change of control; for legal grounds; with your prior consent
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from
their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login
. Please be aware that in such case you share your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social media platforms have their own privacy policies.
HOW do we protect it and keep it confidential?
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your data secure.
We contractually require that trusted third parties who handle your personal data for us do the same.
Your data may be transferred to, accessed from, and stored outside the European Union by staff members who work for us or for one of our trusted service providers.
We do it only in a secure and lawful way, and taking steps to make sure that third parties adhere to the commitments set out in this Policy (in particular by entering into appropriate contracts based on the template adopted by the European Commission).
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER EUROPEAN REGULATION “GDPR”
It is important that you can control your personal data. Please find hereunder a summary of the rights you have under the GDPR:
· The right to be informed
· The right of access
· The right to rectification
· The right to erasure/right to be forgotten
· The right to object to direct marketing, including profiling
· The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent
· The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests
· The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
· The right to data portability
· The right to restriction
· The right to deactivate Cookies
PLEASE CONTACT US AT THE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS.
Note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process your requests above.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat and use your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us:
· by calling our Customer Department at +44 (0) 207 172 0172 or sending us an email at CONTACTDIOREU@dior.com
· or by writing to us through the contact form on dior.com available at https://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/contact
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about cookie management
This section presents our policy for managing cookies on the dior.com website.
It aims to explain where the browsing information processed when you visit our website comes from, how it is used, and your rights.
What is a cookie?
When you visit our website, we might, depending on the choices you make, store a text file on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) through your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. For as long as it is valid and stored on your device, it will enable Christian Dior Couture to identify your device when you visit the website in the future.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify information stored in it.
Below you will find information on the cookies that might be stored on your device when you visit pages on the dior.com website, either by Christian Dior Couture or by third parties, and how you can delete cookies or refuse to allow them to be stored on your device.
What is the purpose of the cookies issued on dior.com?
There are several categories of cookie. Some of them are issued directly by Christian Dior Couture and its providers, and some are issued by third-party companies.
I. The cookies issued by Christian Dior Couture and its providers
Various types of cookie might be stored on your device when you browse our website:
(i) “Essential” cookies
These cookies are essential
for browsing our website, including to ensure that the ordering process runs smoothly.
If you delete them it can cause difficulties when browsing our website and make it impossible to place an order.
These cookies are also needed to track the activity of Christian Dior Couture.
They might be stored on your device by Christian Dior Couture or by its providers.
(ii) “Analytical and Customisation” cookies
These cookies are not essential for browsing our website but might make it easier for you to conduct searches, optimise your buying experience, and enable us to better determine your expectations, and improve our offering and the way our website works.
(iii) “Advertising” cookies
Cookies might also be used for advertising purposes. These cookies ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you.
What is the advantage of seeing promotional offers and adverts tailored to your browsing?
The aim is to present you with offers and adverts that are as relevant to you as possible. To this end, cookies technology allows us to display, in real time, the content that corresponds most closely to your interests based on your recent browsing of our website.
Your interest in the content displayed on your device when you browse a website often determines that website's advertising resources, which in turn enable the website to operate its services, which are often provided free of charge to users. You would probably prefer to see offers and adverts that interest you rather than content which is of no interest to you. Similarly, Christian Dior Couture, like any advertiser, would like its offers and adverts to be seen by internet users who might be interested in them. Please note: if you share your device with other people:
If your device is used by several people and if one device uses several web browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and adverts delivered to your device are determined based on your use of the device and not on that of another user.
It is your decision and responsibility whether you share use of your device and configuration of your web browser’s cookie settings with other people.
II. Cookies issued by third-party companies
Cookies are issued and used by third parties on our website in accordance with these third parties’ privacy protection policies.
These cookies are not essential for browsing our website.
We might include on our website applications produced by third parties which enable you to share our site content with other people or to tell other people what content you have been browsing or your opinions of it. This is true of the “Share” and “Like” buttons for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Social networks that provide buttons like these might be able to use them to identify you, even if you did not use the button when browsing our website.
This type of button can enable the social network concerned to track your browsing of our website, simply because you were logged into your account with the social network on your device (you had an open session) while you were browsing our website.
We have no control over the process the social networks use to collect information relating to your browsing of our website and linked to the personal data they hold.
We urge you to read these social networks’ privacy protection policies to find out for what purposes, including advertising, they use the browsing information they might collect using these buttons. These privacy protection policies must give you the option to inform the social networks of your choices, including by configuring your user accounts with each of them.
To read the privacy protection polices of the aforementioned social networks, visit their websites.
III. Managing the cookies stored on your device
You can decide whether cookies are stored on your device.
Using your web browser settings, you can at any time simply and at no cost choose to accept or block the storage of cookies on your device.
You can configure your web browser as you wish, so that cookies are (a) accepted and stored on your device, or conversely (b) blocked.
a. Consent to cookies
If your web browser is configured to allow cookies to be stored on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content you browse will be routinely stored on your device.
b. Blocking cookies
You can configure your web browser so that:
· you are given the option to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis, before a cookie is likely to be stored on your device;
· it always refuses to store cookies on your device.
Please note: Any changes you make to your web browser’s cookie acceptance or blocking settings may change your web browsing experience and the process of accessing services that require the use of these cookies.
For example, if you block essential cookies you might no longer be able to place orders on our website.
If you choose to refuse to allow cookies to be stored on your device or if you delete cookies that are stored on it, we cannot accept any liability for the consequences should our services under-perform because we are unable to store or consult the cookies needed for these services to operate and which you might have blocked or deleted.
How can you exercise your rights, depending on the browser you use?
The configuration process is different for each web browser. It is usually described in the browser’s help menu. We suggest you find out how to configure your browser and change your cookies preferences.
· For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
· For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
· For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
· For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy
”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Parfums Christian Dior (U.K.) Ltd, (“we
” or “us
”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA
”)the data controller is Parfums Christian Dior (U.K.) Ltd a company registered in England & Wales. Our company registration number is 01012371 and our registered office is at United Kingdom House 6th Floor, 180 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1AB.I PRIVACY
1. Type of personal data
Depending on how you use the Website, we may collect and process Personal Information about you. “Personal Information
” includes, for example, your name; home and/or business address; e-mail address; telephone number; payment card and other payment information; and demographic information and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
We will ask you for information, including some Personal Information, if you use one of the following services. When you:
· contact us: using the Website or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
· Sign up for e-mail: In order to receive our e-mail blasts, you need to share your e-mail address. You do not have to sign up for e-mail to browse the Website;
· Create an account: In order to create an account, you need to share some Personal Information, such as your e-mail address. You do not have to create an account to browse the Website;
· Make a purchase: When you buy something on the Website, you have to supply your name, a billing address, phone number, shipping address and credit card information. By making a purchase, you become a registered user of the Website. You can also choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your shipping and billing addresses in the “My Account” section. You can access this section using your registration login and password;
· Enter a sweepstake or contest: You will be asked to provide Personal Information in order to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, on the Website. If you choose to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, you will become a registered user (if you aren't one already). We may also ask you for some demographic information, such as your age. If you choose not to answer, you may not be able to participate in the sweepstake, contest or survey.
· Report a problem with our site.
We will also collect information about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.2. Cookies
We will use the Personal Information you give to us:
· to respond to your requests, process your orders, deal with your queries and provide you with our product and service offerings;
· to send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like), and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, companies and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you provided that we have obtained your consent to do so. You may choose not to receive such notices from us by following the instructions in the Your Rights section below;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
· to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies.
We will use the Personal Information we collect from you:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to analyse user behaviour as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Website and e-mails, both on an individual basis and in the aggregate;
· to develop, deliver and improve our products or services;
· to help us develop this Website to make it more useful to you;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.4. How do we share Personal Information and Website Usage information with others?
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information we collect about you, except as described here.Service Providers
We may use third-party partners to help operate our Website and deliver our products and services, and may share your information with member companies of the LVMH group, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfilment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).Aggregate Statistics
We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behaviour as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Website and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.Legally Compelled Disclosures
In the event that we are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of sale of all or part of our business, an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets and we may disclose this to a potential buyer and their advisors.Other Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to any other third parties if you have given your prior consent for us to do this.5. Security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server that uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) advanced encryption technology
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will only use your credit card information to issue refunds and charges for orders placed on our Website. For your own safety, please don't ever use email to send us your credit card information!
We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered.
For additional security, we do not store your credit card number after processing your payment.Security of Log In details
If you create an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorised by you. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account on this Website. To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.6. Consent to Processing
By providing Personal Information to this Website or otherwise using this Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in accordance with this Policy.7. Transferring Personal Data Overseas
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You will also have the continuing option to opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us on email@example.com or by post at:
APPROCHE SUR MESURE
63, rue Edouard Vaillant
92300 LEVALLOIS PERRET
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your other non-marketing relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Also, if you have consented to us sharing your Personal Information with any third party and subsequently revoke that consent, we cannot be responsible for any communications that you may receive from entities that received your Personal Information prior to such request. In these cases, please contact that entity directly. 9. Apply for a copy of, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
You have the right to:
· apply for a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you (for which we can charge an administration fee which is currently £10);
· update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
· You may request send a request to obtain a copy of, change or delete your Personal Information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit:www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.2 What cookies do we use on the Website?
The cookies used on our Website have been categorised using the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.Functional cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For further details visit:
http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html3. How can cookies be removed?
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
.III CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy, you may contact us at email@example.com or 0207 216 0216.